Meet Jordan Lynn. With her upbeat demeanor and ‘can do’ attitude that light up a room, Jordan is undeniably destined for great things. I’m fortunate to know her and love her. Jordan is bright, beautiful, and resilient. A top student at Warwick Valley High School, Jordan is a member of National Honor Society. A black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a dedicated community service leader, Jordan’s strong human relations skills enable her to interface very effectively in various relationships. She is a naturally caring person who has a strong helping orientation and who consistently demonstrates a service to others. Also a motherless daughter whose mother passed away from complications of breast cancer in 2005, Jordan has a drive to pursue medicine, specializing in oncology, in her undergraduate and graduate studies. If beauty alone could create success, she’s got it perfected.
Moms and Dads . . . think about your own senior picture from high school. Even though it may have been decades ago, you remember it in your mind’s eye as if it was only yesterday. Your senior daughter or son will feel the same way. For most of us, our senior portrait has a symbolic impression on our hearts of the person we were and the person we’d become. It’s the most important portrait that will be taken of your child before “life” really begins . . . marriage, children, and perhaps even grandchildren. A senior portrait will be a memory that will last a lifetime, so why not make it special and one that captures your child’s true essence?
SENIOROSOPHY. That’s a word I made up for my senior portrait philosophy. My punch card to a successful portrait?
- FREE SPIRIT – Client and photographer: be well rested and stress free. Clear space to allow creativity to envelope your soul.
- GESTURE – Years of study to get the most from poses: eyes, chin, hips, arms, and even hands.
- LIGHTING – I love light. Back light, side light, soft, large, glowing. The sun is warm and magical, so let’s use it or recreate it.
- EQUIPMENT – Easy . . . you get what you pay for. And I’ve got all the right glass.
- WARDROBE – Think textures, layers, and chunky-funky. I’ll provide visionary direction for a simple, yet original look.
- RELATIONSHIP – I know my client’s heart through my personal consult process.
- CREATIVE TALENT – Ahem. That’s me.
I’m completely certifiable and adventurous, so let’s go anywhere and do anything for our shoot. Yearbook senior sessions with Kathie Austin Photography include:
1. A one-hour personalized lifestyle outdoor session and two outfit changes that will produce a images to portray your child’s character and personality.
2. For the yearbook, the “blue background” shot is a one-hour studio session with multiple poses, lighting techniques, and includes complete editing. We crank the music, laugh, play, and create. My customized background and image size matches your school’s yearbook specs. I guarantee the final image we create together will stand out among hundreds of pictures in the yearbook. It’s a fun experience with results that you’ll cherish forever.
My session fee includes my time for pre-portrait consult, two locations, the image review, comprehensive image enhancement, ordering, and delivery. One high-resolution digital file is included for submission to the yearbook company. Print costs are additional at a la carte rates.
Let’s create. Let’s shoot!